Whether you have allergies or skin issues, or you want to get pregnant, or have developed a chronic or autoimmune disease, you need to help your body do its job. You see? You body is perfect and will naturally heal itself, it will restore and create new cells on a daily basis, and it will renew itself constantly. The problem begins when we don’t help our bodies do its job. This is exactly the reason why I’m writing this post, to help you see health from a wider perspective. Being healthy is much more than just counting calories; drinking a protein shake; calculating your proteins, fats and carbs; and going to the gym.
Alarmingly, years ago, according to science, an unborn baby was protected by the placenta and he or she would come into this world completely pure and chemical-free. They used to believe that any chemical in a woman’s body wouldn’t transfer to her unborn child. Sadly, research now shows that newborns have tested positive to around 200 different chemicals by the time they come to this world. Which means, everything in the mother’s body will transfer to her baby. So, the idea of a “fresh start” or “an empty bucket” is not realistic anymore.
Furthermore, you might believe you have a healthy lifestyle, you might even think that you’re doing things right in regards of your wellness; but you might be getting chemicals into your body without even knowing it. Please read my experiment 225+ Chemicals you Put in your Body Daily in Beauty Products and you’ll be surprised!
OK now, there’s no need to panic, there has got to be something that can be done. Of course, there’s hope! Let me guide you step by step:
1. Stop toxins coming into your body
Start eating organic
If you still believe the idea of eating organic is just a trend, please read How Organic Food Saved Me. I’m not kidding when I say the health benefits you’ll experience from eating organic will blow your mind. If you don’t know how to get started…
- Start by reading the labels of everything you buy.
- Make sure you can pronounce every name in the ingredient’s list.
- If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it!
- If your brain doesn’t recognize it, your body won’t either!
- Read 18 Worst Additives In Food. If you find any of these ingredients in the label of what you’re about to purchase, stop and don’t buy it!
- Read GMOs, you are the judge!
Be more mindful about what you put in your body
You can eat everything organic, you can grow your own food, and you can follow the most strict diet; but if you don’t stop toxic chemicals from coming into your body, you’ll find yourself in the same spot where you started. Same rules apply:
- Your skin is your biggest organ, so be mindful of everything you put on your skin
- Go to the basics. Deodorants’ job is for you to not stink, shampoo’s job is for your scalp to be clean, and a face moisturizer is to keep your skin hydrated. Let’s not over complicate things with added chemicals that are not necessary
- Read 18 Worst Chemicals in Beauty Products. Please go to your bathroom cabinet and read through the ingredients of your beauty products. You’ll be amazed!
- Switching to a safe option of what you’re already using is not hard (thanks to a list I made). Please read 11 Best Healthy Beauty Products. Believe me, I did the hard work, now you just need to follow this list.
2. Cleanse you body from the toxins already in it
You need to detox. But please, think of a detox as brushing your teeth. It has to be done daily! If you brushed your teeth once every week, every month, every year or even every couple of years, you would lose your teeth. So why do we think differently of detoxing? I actually have a whole article about detoxing because this is a topic that I’m very passionate about. Read 6 Ways to Detox Your Body
During a detox
While you’re in the process of detoxing you might feel like crap! Seriously! Depending on how bad your daily habits are, you might feel every single symptom in the book. The normal symptoms are headaches, stomachaches, sleepiness, fatigue, lots of thirst, breakouts, rashes, diarrhea, bad mood, among others. You will feel more of these symptoms depending on how well you’ve treated your body and the level of toxicity in it when you get started. But don’t feel discouraged! The detox from doTERRA is amazing, it’s called GX Assist & PB Assist. It will help you get your digestive system back on track. If you want to know more about it, please message me.
After a detox
Some things you’ll notice that will change after a detox are
- Your skin and hair will look healthier
- Your mood with be more balanced, since you won’t have a poopy gut, you won’t have a poopy mind
- Your allergies and skin problems will start going away. When your gut is clean, your body is able to fight seasonal allergies better because your immune system is working at its best. Also, a lot of your food allergies will go away, since they are usually caused by the buildup of clogged food in your system.
- You will notice you can eat a wider variety of food without feeling sick. Since all the debris have been removed, there’s now room for full digestion of new food coming in
3. Getting in the right nutrients
Perfect, now you started eating organic food, you use organic beauty products, you’ve detoxed a couple of times and continue on detoxing as part of your daily routine. So, what’s next?
Since the soil in the ground has been depleted from its vitamins and minerals, the produce you buy doesn’t have the nutritional value it had a 100 years ago. No matter how healthy you eat, the soil is not the same. For this reason, it is so important to find a great daily multivitamin that can meet your needs. The Lifelong Vitality from doTERRA is amazing because it includes multivitamins, antioxidants, essential oils and Omegas. All of these are key for wellness.
Some people love exercising and it comes natural for them. Some others hate exercise and will find every excuse to avoid physical activities as much as possible. The reality is that we need to move. You see, we are not meant to be still, we were made to keep moving (remember we were nomads and gatherers). Some of the benefits of exercise are:
- It makes you happier (releases endorphins)
- Helps with weight loss
- Increases energy levels
- It’s good for your bones and muscles
- Reduces the occurrence of chronic disease
- It can help your skin
- Helps with reducing stress
- You’ll get better sleep
- Reduces pain
- Better sex live
Go back to the basics, move! Even walking for 30 minutes a day will be beneficial. You need to find what you love though. A great tip is to get a gym membership and go to all the free classes. This will be great because you’ll be able to experience each kind of exercise and decide if you like it or not. You cannot force it, you need to Find your Passion
5. Get enough sleep
You can be doing everything I mentioned above, but if you’re not sleeping well, you’ll not function well. Some signs of sleep deprivation are:
- Memory issues
- Mood changes
- Poor concentration
- Weakened immune system
- Tendency to accidents
- Risk of diabetes
- Weight gain
- Low sex drive
- Risk of heart problems and high blood pressure
- Reduced balance and motor skills
My best advice here is to make sleep a priority. Try to sleep certain hours per night and see how you feel, you might need less or more than the average. In my case, I’ve always struggled with this topic because I’m always overtired. I finally had a sleep study done and apparently I have Hypersomnia or Narcolepsy! Go figure… You really need to see a specialist if you see something is not right with your sleep pattern, you shouldn’t wait, like I did, until you’re about 28 years old to figure out something so crucial.
6. Manage stress and your feelings
Mental wellness is as important as physical wellness, it’s all part of who we are. You can be super fit and have a great physique, but if you don’t learn how to cope with daily struggles, you’ll be miserable.
Did you know when you get stressed your brain releases cortisol and adrenaline into your blood stream, prepapring for flight or fight? The only problem is that if this happens on a daily basis, and more than once a day, you will start damaging you health. I will write an article about this topic very soon!
Some techniques to help manage your stress are exercise, meditation, hobbies, and interacting with other people. Another great way to cope with stress is by using Essential Oils like Cedarwood, Lavender, Chamomile, and Bergamot; or Essential Oils blends like Balance, Clary Calm, and Serenity,
The change really needs to come from within. It doesn’t matter if you want to cure yourself from some ailment or you want to prepare your body to get pregnant, it is the same protocol. You need to sit down, be honest to yourself and evaluate your daily habits and see if they will take where you wan to be (health-wise). If what you’re doing and what you want don’t match, you need to make changes.
As you can imagine, it will be hard in the beginning, but it is possible. Even if you make a little change every time you go grocery-shopping, you’ll notice a difference overtime.
Don’t panic if you can’t remember everything, you’ll learn overtime. As a matter of fact, you will not stop learning, and that’s the beauty of it.
Keep spreading the word and keep helping people feel better
Show with your story that what you’re saying is true and it work, just like I did
Knowledge is power,